Recovering deleted photos on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chiggah, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors member

Mar 3, 2011
    Hi I accidentally deleted some photos from my iphone 4. The process was deleted from the phone itself via camera roll, not via Windows.

Is there anything or a software I can do to recover its cache files or something?

Thanks !
  2. macrumors regular

Apr 8, 2010
    maybe not software but you can restore your phone back from an earlier date which will bring the pictures back but every change since then will get cleared as well unless you create a backup before restoring it. long process but its the only was i can see you getting them back
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Mar 3, 2011
    The photos were not backed up before the delete :(
  4. macrumors 604

Jul 6, 2009
    They are probably unrecoverable.
  5. macrumors Nehalem

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    You're sol then.
    There's no way to recover them.
  6. macrumors 68000

Jan 2, 2011
    According to Apple, the photos get backed up in iTunes when you do a sync/backup, so connect your phone to iTunes and restore from the latest backup.
    It's not a good idea to store photos in the camera roll of your phone.

7. macrumors 6502a

Jun 15, 2009
    So I did backup my phone using iTunes. If I restore from that backup, will I be able to get back some pictures that have been deleted since then? When I select Restore from Backup in iTunes, it says it will only restore contacts, calendars, text messages, and settings...nothing about photos.
  8. macrumors member

Nov 13, 2012
  9. macrumors newbie

May 7, 2013
    Aren't the photos saved in the iTunes backup? It may not have all of them, but when you back up your phone I think if you restore from a previous backup then you could possibly retrive them. I may be wrong, but I read somewhere a long time ago that it was an option. Have you ever backed up; not sync'd but backed up?
    Once you do that, grab those photos (if it works) and then restore from the latest backup.
  10. macrumors 6502a

Oct 24, 2012
    When was the last time you backed up? Do you have photostream on, if so are the pictures there?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.