Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

instantact

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2015
I have downloaded Stellar Phoenix Mac data recovery software and currently scanning 1TB iMac hard drive. It seems the process is going to take long hours however I only need to recover few MS Office 2011 files. Has anyone hand on experienced with the software? How should I reduce this scanning time?

sarah362

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2014
I have downloaded Stellar Phoenix Mac data recovery software and currently scanning 1TB iMac hard drive. It seems the process is going to take long hours however I only need to recover few MS Office 2011 files. Has anyone hand on experienced with the software? How should I reduce this scanning time?

If you want to slash the long time scan then you should make settings to search only MS Office files (pptx, docx, xlsx) and none other. You can do it using software Preferences.
I have run both Stellar & EaseUS recovery software and most of them have these features to select desired files for scan/recovery. You may check out the Stellar Phoenix KB section. Might be of your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.