Recruitment & Personnel Management Software Research

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by James.Paul, Jun 13, 2002.

1. James.Paul macrumors regular

Do you think there is a place in the Apple market for software that assists with your companies recruitment campaigns and holds your company personnel info? I've been doing some thinking lately about what business products companies need and that is the type of application I do not see for the Mac. I am thinking about starting some sort of project to build this. What's everyones feeling?
    I looked at a company that I used to work in (All PC hardware!!) and tried to work out that if I was to build that company and use Mac software what would I use. Personnel & Recruitment was one area that I have not found any Mac OS X apps. Your comments would be most appreciated.

2. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

Most time & expense tracking apps I've encountered have been delivered via http.

I don't know what exists in Recruitment software for PC users, but I know that any HR dept task in the companies I've worked for has been a WebApp (it may skew things a bit that alla the companies I've worked for have been in the business of building WebApps).

3. James.Paul thread starter macrumors regular

The ones I have seen have been built using Microsoft Access. Very buggy and not very easy to use. I would look at creating something that would be used in probably a small to medium sized company. I have had the experience of working within a HR dept so I do know what info they store etc.....