Recs needed for Myst fan

Discussion in 'Games' started by Patience, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Patience macrumors newbie

Admittedly I am not an active gamer. However, I've played and enjoyed Myst, Riven, and Myst III Exile. What other games would you recommend that would be similar---problem solving rather than action based?

Your advice is appreciated.

(Would need to be appropriate for a soon to be purchased 17" iMac--come on upgrades!!)

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Return To Castle Wolfenstein--There are a lot of problems to solve when your Health is 10,you as a engineer are trying to plant dynomite with german soldiers sniping at you while there is an incoming airstrike! You talk about problems!and yes i use to be a myst fan but gave it up for action!

3. Haberdasher macrumors regular

Hehe...with what is coming out for the mac now, you might have to go out an buy an action game.

However, I'm sure there are other puzzle games out there to stretch your mind...just go to http://insidemacgames.com or some other mac gaming site, search the reviews, and find a puzzle game that interests you.

Sorry I don't have any specific game reccomendations, but I don't play puzzle games.

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Try looking for a game called "Obsidian" been out a while, and I think only in the US, very much like the Myst series, but the puzzles were a bit easier, good story-line though.

There really hasn't been much to touch Myst has there?

Oh well, back to Quake 3...:D

5. phgreer macrumors regular

phgreer

Well, there is this little thing coming out called "Uru". ;)

http://uru.ubi.com

From what I seen on the specs mentioned and posting in other message boards is only being developed for the PC platform at this time but Cyan does want a Mac version. I think the publisher, Ubisoft, just needs convincing.

6. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

Obsidian - how i hated that game -but not as must as i did myst. I lost a good chunk of my childhood feeling stupid infront of the computer. maybe thats the root of my low self esteem?