Red Bull: Schumacher and DC ???

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iTwitch, Apr 19, 2006.

1. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

There's a blurb from Dietrich Mateschitz saying that Red Bull will be contacting MS.

If Red Bull is serious about climbing up and not justing filling the grid MS would be a great addition and I'd love to see MS and DC on the same team. Both being older and wiser.

2. iGav macrumors G3

Schu's said only Ferrari are in the frame, he's also restated that he has no problem with Kimi joining Ferrari, and that he's open to all teammates. :D

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I'm not surprised...though with Renault looking for another driver next year Kimi has some pretty nice options for next year, wouldn't you say?

I think that Kimi will change teams for '07 but not sure to where - Ferrari or Renault? Renault has the pace right now but Ferrari is, well, Ferrari.

4. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Kimi

I really think Kimi should stay at MacLaren. I think he's the fastest guy on the grid - but that he's had F all luck so far. The merc engine is shaping up to be a fast and reliable piece of kit - I'd like to think Kimi has a great chance this season.
    I also think Merc are on the up, while Ferrari are on the down. Who knows where Renault will be? Id like to see a newer Williams Clio or something to re-celebrate the fact that Renault are world champions though.....

:)

[​IMG]

5. takao macrumors 68040

takao

actually he also talked about that on his (MS) side a young,emerging driver would be fitting, which somehow rules out DC

and he also said that he would rule out MS joining BMW

but i think somebody like montoya is more within reach of red bull

actually we will se who will win the team battle between DC and Klien this weekend.. so far they have pretty much equal with perhaps Klien having adopted faster to the new qualifying from my impression

6. iTwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

iGav - early start to Silly Season, I can dream.

FireArse - engine?, the biggest problem seems to be major components failing/falling off?

takao - your right about the younger partner, but DM said he would not exclude BMW. But still I'd like to see DC and MS work together after all the butting heads.

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Am I the only one who thought Red Bull refers to the drink, and MS refers to Microsoft, and DC referring to District of Columbia, and being totally and utterly lost reading the first post?

8. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

They have done a Renault F1 Edition Megane which actually looks pretty darn nice I have to say. I went for an interview at Renault's Enstone factory the other week (IT Test Team Engineer) and saw a couple outside, very nice.

9. iGav macrumors G3

Me thinks the other way around... ;) McLaren have lost too many key personnel, particularly design staff. That and they have to adapt to the Bridgestones for next season. ;)

I'd rather see Kimi go up against Schumacher, now that's a dream :D

Schumacher would destroy DC in the same team.

10. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

They should put JV and DC on the same team; it would be a nursing home for has-been drivers. I don't think that either one has won a race since I started watching races...

I definitely agree that McLaren seems to be losing pace - Kimi's skill probably masks that to some extent.

11. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

2007. I was expecting Schumi and Rossi to be @ Ferrari. If not I would love Kimi to drive for them. I belive that Schu and Kimi are the best drivers on the grid at the moment. Montoya close behind them but that Rosbergs not bad is he.

12. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

What about Alonso? I'm a Montoya fan myself but Fernando is a more polished driver than JPM in my opinion.

Oh, and by the way Chris, I don't like what you've done with the 5 Series. Or the 7 Series. Or the 3 Series. Or the Z4 (not much to be said for that car anyhow though) :rolleyes: :p

13. iTwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

I figured it would be Kimi joining Ferrari hence no dream. Didn't Ron Dennis say something like 'Kimi can leave now if he wants' a few races ago?? But Dennis confuses me, it seems to me that between Kimi and Jaun, Kimi is the keeper. Maybe he's not keeping either, I do remember JPM saying he'd like out. What a mess.

I never believed MS and DC would be on the same team, just fancifull thinking after the bad blood. Do you remember when MS accused DC of trying to kill him? and I seem to recall a few other points of friction.