Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcobb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Colorado
I have a weird bug on my mac (15-inch powerbook 1.67 GHz, 1 gig ram, 64 meg VRam)

About every 10th time I go to close a window by clicking on the red button in the top right hand corner it shrinks and goes to the dock instead. I've done the permisions thing and still it does it. Its not a huge deal, but I'm wondering if anyone else knows anything about it. Thanks!

sammyg

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2006
arcobb said:
I have a weird bug on my mac (15-inch powerbook 1.67 GHz, 1 gig ram, 64 meg VRam)

About every 10th time I go to close a window by clicking on the red button in the top right hand corner it shrinks and goes to the dock instead. I've done the permisions thing and still the still does it. Its not a huge deal, but I'm wondering if anyone else knows anything about it. Thanks!
I get that aswell sometimes.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
The red button in the top left corner never fails to close the window it squats over. Are you positive you're not pressing the yellow one? Does the same thing happen if you use a shortcut rather than press the button? :)

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
I noticed this too but I just always tell myself that I must have accidentally clicked the yellow button instead...nothing is wrong with my Mac...I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!:mad: :eek:

d.f

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2003
mee too

i get it also. it's anoying.

it's a bit like when you press the 'back' arrow, keep the cursor on it and try and press a second time. it doesn't register. you have to move the cursor off the arrow and back on the press it back a second time.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
That's a good point Vader but double clicking the red button still shouldn't minimise. Double clicking the entire title bar should minimise though. :)

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
mad jew said:
That's a good point Vader but double clicking the red button still shouldn't minimise. Double clicking the entire title bar should minimise though. :)
Yes, but I have done this before, I click the red button, and upon it not instantly closing, I click it again, and then it minimizes. Maybe I am missing the button, but I don't think I am.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Are you using Mighty Mouse and try to click the button without lifting your finger off the right side of the mouse but it won't go instead ending up clicking the yellow button?.....or is that only me

Bless

arcobb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Colorado
Vader said:
Do you click it twice?
If you do, that minimizes the window.

No, I'm not double clicking... its something new. I use the trackpad on the powerbook and I'm noticing it on a single click on the far left red button. My old 12-inch powerbook never did this and I use this powerbook very similer to how I use the old one.

Since I saw this post at about the double click thing, I've tried to make it do it and I have not been able to. If you click on the bar itself it will do it.

Side note... I was about to go to bed after sending an email... and I went to close the window and slurp... into the dock it went. :eek: It reminded me that I made this thread today and I just logged on to see if anyone had posted on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.