Red Cross to GW, Charge Saddam or set him free

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Ugg, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Link

It's interesting that no one is willing to testify against SH and that so many are still being held with little or no indication of what their supposed crimes were.

It'll be interesting to see what the interim government chooses to do with him. I think the US would have been better off bringing him to trial immediately. The guy is as crazy as a loon so I doubt that they got any valid information from him. Just another fiasco complements of gw & co.....

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

no doubt we'll find that gw & co will find a way to "bend" the rules and keep saddam as long as they want. what's more, at least half of the us population will not object and will not see the potential danger in allowing the administration free reign. "it could never happen to me" :rolleyes: :(

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

just make him a US citizen, natch

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

By the same GC arguments, then, all those in Guantanamo should also be released or charged. Not that we didn't know that already.

5. wwworry macrumors regular

Karl Rove has it all planned out when SH will be charged.

6. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

Apparently the Red Cross doesn't mind and completly ignores the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians who were tortured and died under Saddam's regime. The thousands gassed by his hands. But none of that matters, bad ol US of A has him in custody shame on them.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

The bad ol US of A should know better.

8. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

Just now reported on FOX news.
    Pallestinian terrorists attack Israelites. When they took off to escape they all hopped into the back of a UN Red Cross van driven by a UN employee. All of it was caught on tape by Reuters. I'm waiting for ABC, CBS, NBC, PMSNBC, CNN, to report on this BIG news. Since I don't watch them I can't say for sure they aren't reporting it but I wouldn't be surprised. Too new for it to be on the internet yet I guess for Drudge hasn't reported either.

I'm not going to count on Red Cross being fair or balanced.

9. dopefiend macrumors 6502

10. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

They already screwed up by taking him alive they can't increase that screw up by executing him without a trial now. :mad:

11. wwworry macrumors regular

12. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

everyone who has sly on ignore should read post #8. it's an all-time classic.

13. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

didn't know the red cross was a media outlet. what station are they again?

thanks for the heads up, trebble.

14. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

In all fairness, what should the US do at this point? I certainly think they should abide by International Law (for once), but what are their options? What can the US charge him with, since I do not know if there is any US law applicable to a foreign national...would we release him to the ICC?, an organization we refuse to let ourselves be responsible to...do we give hime back to Iraq? I could see alot of security and morale problems with that one...and I do not know if the Iraqi provisional government and/or constitution has the legal provisions for dealing with him effectively...I say go the ICC route...any comments?

15. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

i thought the plan was to turn him over to the iraqis. since we won't go to the icc (which is what we should do) they're the next best option.

16. takao macrumors 68040

takao

have to agree..... a true classic :p
    those evil people-loving swiss :rolleyes:

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Christ, it shouldn't be hard to charge that bastard with something. Saddam I mean, not Bush. He certainly committed enough atrocities.

18. diamond geezer macrumors regular

I would have thought that the US would have loved to get rid of Saddam, without a trial that might embarrass the memory of Reagan.

Reagan being the Pres who supported Saddam and gave him all those nasty biological weapons and military support.

19. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

They played the tape on TV with the Pallestinian gun men piling into the back of the van clearly marked as UN with a Red Cross next to it. So how come nobody else reported it?

20. Ugg thread starter macrumors 68000

Ugg

Link

Well, it looks like SH will be given back to the Iraqis. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this.

21. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Since his crimes were against the Iraqi people, it makes sense. Yes?

22. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I have every confidence that the Bush administration has thought this all through and it will all work out just fine.

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

What could possibly go wrong? ;)

24. wwworry macrumors regular

25. Voltron macrumors newbie

Voltron

He'll get shot 20+ times, while running accross a pig pen, attempting to escape.