Red iPod Nano

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Aurora123, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Aurora123 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I bought a Red nano early November and the thing kept cutting off during play back. After a few calls to Apple they asked me to send it back for replacement.

They have had it since 23rd November, have tested it and said it will be replaced. Here I am still waiting nearly 3 weeks on!

They say there having shortages of the 4Gig version, yet the web says there are no delays.

Does anyone else feel I'm been fobbed off?

Pete
    Hull, UK

2. amoda macrumors 6502a

Yeah there is definitely something wrong there. I just checked the Apple-Canada website and it says 1-2 days here for the Red nano. Also with he whole "order it now, get it before christmas" i don't see how they can tell you they have a shortage.

I'd call them back and ask for the status, if they tell you shortages this and that just ask to be transfered to customer relations. Explain your situation and i'm sure they'll fix up everything for you.

3. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

It seems this is how it is with most of the mega electronics companies these days: you often talk to people that dont know what's going on.

There have been several instances where I have had to call Apple many times to get things straightened out. It is not a big deal as long as they do the right thing in the end. Sometimes they will even offer you something for your time/trouble (although probably not on a $200 ipod). The key is to be firm and confident but not aggressive or accusatory. If you explain the situation clearly (including the availability on the web) they will most likely figure it out. If not, ask to speak to someone higher up on the chain. It can be frustrating sometimes, but I'm afraid we have to live with this type of service these days.