Red iPod touch "other" section?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by XxpikachuxX, Feb 5, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

My red 32 gb ipod touch other section on itunes ( orange bar ) is 2.5 GB big is that normal or not? :confused::eek::apple:

2. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Took me a moment to figure out what you're trying to say.

I don't think it's normal, but I'm not very sure how to get rid of it either. Best way is to do a restore I think.

3. macrumors member

He means that the 'other' section for data on his iPod has 2.5 gigs of data stored on it. Apps that "save" will store their data in the "other" section. Also things like pages and keynote save files under the other section.

Just some things to think about.

4. macrumors newbie

best way is to completly kill the app... delete the app. or ifu want all ur storage back... delete all the apps... or probably restore it.

5. macrumors member

6. macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

This also happens when an app doesn't install properly. It happened to me when installing Infinity Blade. My "other" section jumped to over 2gb. I deleted the app, then reinstalled and the "other" space was reduced.

You can go into settings on the IPT and then see a list of apps and the space they consume. Then, click on an individual app to see how much of that space is "other" data. If you see any big offenders, delete them and reinstall them.

7. macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

If you're jailbroken you can use a free Cydia tweak called 'iCleaner' which also gets rid of other useless files.
    If you're not jailbroken then use the program linked to a few posts up.