Red Nose Day '05 - Show them the colour of your money!

Discussion in 'Community' started by edesignuk, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I had never heard of this until I saw it in an episode of "The Office." We don't really have anything comparable in the States.

2. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That's a real shame. With the amount of people, you could make a lot of money!

3. .dan macrumors member

Can't say I'm a massive fan of the way the show is set out - make you laugh then hit you with a rather depressing report from Africa making you feel somewhat guilty. I guess it works though and it raises a lot of money which is always good.

Argh, missing sketches from Greenwing. That show ruuules.

4. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Well, um, that is kind of the point. Keep you there being entertained, but push the point home of why anyone is there in the first place.
    Just finished watching that bit, not bad, I love Green Wing!!

5. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

I bet you prefer watching Keira in bed! She's on now!

Still prefer the Peter Kay "Is this the way to amarilla?" sketch and Adrian Edmonson singing! :D great stuff! need to donate - already bought 2 red noses!

6. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

They were up to £37,809,564 when the show ended - better than last year!

Just watched Keira and Johnny in bed :D I liked the part at the end...trains rushing through tunnels...rockets going off..it's a cliche (how do I do accents on a Mac?) but it works well!

7. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

for accents use ALT+e and then the letter you want (for the "é" symbol - acute) and then some other "ALT+..." combos to get the others (can't be bothered writing them all up!).

Did look a bit last night that Keira was looking a bit peeved off last night at Jonny antics! Especially when she had to wear the Chelsea kit. :D But then, who wouldn't? ;) :p

8. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Replace ALT with Option depending on which Mac you're using. Or under Finder go to Edit/Special Characters.

9. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Yup, they're still showing that on the website too, it must have gone up, but they've stopped updating the counter.
    haha, yes, it was funny. Very cliché...but still amusing :D

Johnny's a bastard...grrrrr :p

10. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

what Macs have option keys? All the Macs I''ve used (Performa 5200, iMac G3 and iBook G3) all have ALT keys? :confused:

Anyway - what was the second part of "Spider-plant Man" like? Liked the first part (Nick and Simon Pegg from Spaced were ace!) - still not as good as Peter Kay!

11. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

My PB and iMac G5 (USB+bluetooth keyboard) both have options keys (alt is written on them as well, just not as predominately). And I think Apple refers to it as the option key as well when mentioning keyboard shortcuts...might be a more recent thing.