Red Steel, Rayman $30

Discussion in 'Games' started by jdechko, Jan 18, 2007.

1. jdechko macrumors 68040

So I just saw this weeks ad for Circuit City, and they're selling Red Steel and Rayman for $30 each. At that price, I might just go pick up Rayman. Don't know when it ends, but you can view the ad here.

2. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

Rayman is good.
    Red Steel I'd steer clear away from. I got my copy on ebay right now, hopefully someone will bid on it at $15.00 lol.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

4. jdechko thread starter macrumors 68040

Yeah, I was planning on staying away from Red Steel. I like the idea, though. Hopefully Ubi will take it back to the drawing board and rework the parts that, well, just plain suck, and we'll get a shiny new game that is what RS should have been.

5. BydoEmpire macrumors newbie

I bought Red Steel at launch, and played through the whole thing. I enjoyed the game a lot, although there are certainly some rough edges and annoying bugs. If you're the type that can sit down on Saturday afternoon and enjoy a B-grade action flick on the local UHF station, you'll likely enjoy Red Steel. If you're looking for a super-slick Hollywood blockbuster of a game, this isn't it. If you're not a hardcore FPS fan I'd say Red Steel is worth $30. You might want to rent first so see if the game's quirks bother you, but keep in mind that it *definitely* gets better as it goes along in almost all respects.

Rayman is a lot of fun, and definitley worth $30.

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I picked up Red Steel Sunday at my Circuit City for $30. I had wanted it since pre-launch but steered away from it when i read many less than happy players had dogged it, as well as reputable sources like IGN giving it less than stellar reviews. I have to say that after playing through the first two levels i wasn't blown away by any means, but nevertheless i still enjoyed it. The controls turned me off in the first level but once i mastered them it was smooth sailing.. :)

I'd buy it for $30, any more i doubt it.

To Moshiiii: I'm not sure what you'll get on eBay, but right now the trade in value at EBGames and Gamestops is ~$17, you may want to just sell it to them at that price and not bother with shading dealings, shipping, etc. :rolleyes:

7. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I just got $35 without shipping for my used copy of Red Steel on eBay. It is a good game, so people should play it. Just don't expect anything too spectacular.

Daniel.

8. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

IMO, Rayman is a good game but has lots of competition from Wario Ware, Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Mario Party (upcoming)...The gameplay is solid but lacks the quirkyness or frenetic pacing of Wario Ware. Also, it was repetetive to me...I would save my money for Wario Ware or Mario Party but if you have money burning a whole in your pocket, $30 isn't unreasonable for Rayman...Red Steel is good but I found CoD 3 slightly better, despite the craptacular graphics. Hopefully, eventually we will see a solid 8 or 9 FPS game on the Wii...

9. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I went to Circuit City the day the sale started to pick up Rayman, and not only did they NOT have Rayman or Red Steel but they barely had any Wii section at all. I passed the aisles 3 times before I found it. It consisted of about a 2 foot section on the shelf big enough to fit 3 games on it for sale. Metal Slug, Zelda, and some kids game.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

My biggest gripes with Rayman.

1) so its meant to be funny yes ? Why have I not laughed once so far

2) the hub world is awful, and setting each set of 4 mini games in the arena is just dull as dishwater. There's no freedom of movement to explore a hub world or anything because its the same empty arena with the same 4 entrances and 1 big exit every time.

3) no left hand option. if wario ware and wii sports can provide me with one why cant ubisoft?

4) boss challenges are very easy generally

Despite all that I still find the game ok, and it is worth $30 seing as though it retails at €59.99 here ($77)

11. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

At mine they don't even have the games out on display! There's a little glass case that holds them, and that case certainly was not full. They had a very limited selection of games.