Redesigned my band's webpage

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Taustin Powers, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Critiques welcome!

www.theletter3.com

It's my first web page, just started learning html from scratch a few months ago. All hand-coded, xhtml 1.0 transitional validated.

My main focus was to make it easy to read/navigate, but still make it look decent. (I guess that everyone's goal...)

2. rugonnaeatthat macrumors regular

3. Moria macrumors regular

What did you use to make it with?
    iFrames are soooo last millenium :p

It's a good first attempt though, virtually the same as my first site, a little bland though.

4. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

I use Taco Html. (And Cyberduck for FTP) (And a digital camera ;) )

I knew I was gonna catch flag for the iframe, but I think it works well with the design, so it's staying! :)

5. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

yeah it's not too bad, as others have said it's a little bland, but everyone's gotta start somewhere. I kinda dig the roach clips holding things in place.

6. Butters macrumors 6502

looks nice! i like the textures and pins holding stuff in place, it's actually a good design..

I know you don't want to change the iframe but i would really recommend just using php to do the exact same thing... except more upto date and without the extra scrollbars which get in the way a little.. upto you though of course :)

[if you need to know how to do it with php just pm me]