Redskins keep Gregg Williams!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mgargan1, Jan 4, 2006.

1. stutz macrumors member

Hail to the Redskins! (and Dan Snyder whose finally learning where good money should be spent). Gibbs has brought us back to the promised land of the playoffs in only the second year of his NFL coaching career resurrection! The most dangerous and underrated team in the NFC bracket is going to do some serious damage...look out Bucs!

But seriously, this is insurance when Gibbs finally retires for the final time. No one really expects Gibbs to make it past his 5 year deal (or possibly before then). Williams is a natural to take over in 3 years as a Gibbs desciple, who hopefully won't have a repeat performance of Richie Pettibone back in '93...ugh.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You'd better hope he's learned a lot since he ran the Bills into the ground. Buffalo's GM Donahoe just got fired...his poor decision to hire Williams when so many other great candidates were available at that time was cited as a big factor. But of course, after teasing us Bills fans last year, Mularkey hasn't done any better.

3. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

As a Jets fan (kind of like being a Windows user), all I have to say is, Doesn't anyone want our head coach?

4. mgargan1 thread starter macrumors 65816

mgargan1

Eight teams might...

5. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I've been praying for this. Good motivator and pretty good judge of talent but a horrible game day coach. Please KC, sign him!

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Aren't there rumours that the Chiefs want him and might give up some draft picks? :p Sure I read that on profootballtalk which is alarmingly reliable at times...

7. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Depending on which NY media you believe, it's a done deal. Reports say 2 middle round (anywhere from 3-6) picks as compensation.

I hope it's true. Hey Herm, don't let the door hit you in the ass.