Reduction for prices on new iMacs?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by aznatari, Aug 2, 2002.

1. aznatari macrumors member

hello

i am one of the many [pc users] :mad: that are looking to switch to a macintosh:) . i am planning within the next few months to purchase the 17" widescreen iMac at $1,999. However i do wish i could get the iMac at a much cheaper price than what they have now.

So i am ::wondering:: if there is a possibility for a reduction on the prices of the new iMacs. Thanx for all the replies.

2. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

Wait 'till the new G4/G5 chips come out this August/September. After that, prices should come down (on the older chips, that is). ;)

3. aznatari thread starter macrumors member

and...........

p.s. You can give a better response than that av11d

4. onemoof macrumors member

Not soon

The 17 inch iMac just came out (or might not even be shipping in quantity yet). More than likely it will be at least 6 months for the retail price drops. Alternatives to finding a good deal now include shopping at all the online Mac resellers to see who throws in the best freebies (often you can get free RAM, a free Airport card, free printers, etc.). Also if you happen to be affiliated with an education institution (such as if you're a college student) you can get a discount of around 10-15% on Macs.

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

Yeah, I would also recommend the educational discount, if you can get one. Ebay, well, everyone has their stories. :p