Redy to buy a G5, any warnings on CDW outlet?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by 840quadra, Mar 23, 2005.

1. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Hi,

I am new on these forums, so please forgive any stupid questions in regards to new purchases.

I am looking at getting a G5 from the CDW outlet. You can get good prices on them, but I am unsure about how apple the apple warranty would work. Since CDW is an autorized reseller of Apple components, and items in the Outlet are usually overstock, and or returns, will the 1 year Warranty be valid?

If so, does the warranty start when I purchase the computer from CDW, or when the first owner (the person that returned it) bought the item? I would also like to get apple care, but I believe in order for me to do that, I would need to have a valid apple warranty.

Any help would be awesome!!

Thanks for your time

840Quadra

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

CDW are a reputable company.
    For refurbs and returns, I think you are going to have to pose the question to CDW. How much warranty on this specific machine, and who offers it, CDW or Apple?

3. 840quadra thread starter Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

good point!

I trust CDW because I have used them for years, just not sure about warranty stuff.. I will contact CDW and ask...