reeves: worst president ever?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Dec 3, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

(emphasis mine)

2. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

He's got my vote. George is number one in my lifetime anyway. Having lived through the Nixon years, that is some accomplishment.

3. tristan macrumors 6502a

Yeah, when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, we had FDR. Best President ever. When Al Queda hit the two towers, we have Bush. I don't know if he's the worst president, but he's pretty bad and still has a few more years to go.

4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Nixon did win the Cold War, if we're going to credit any American President for doing so. Of course, millions of Bangladeshis had to die in the process...

5. opusthe2nd macrumors 6502

opusthe2nd

6. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

all right, i'm game. what's your bullet point list? i'm going to compare it to the one in the article.

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

to be fair bush had a hard time , with 9/11 but time like those are when you are proven to be a good leader or a bad one. He became a bad one

He could have hurted Osama down and destoryed al-Qaida, then we would have been seen as a great President and with his plan for iraq he has made it impossible for him to ever be looked at as a "good president' and he will have to to soem great things to ever get away from the ''bad president"

How did he win ithe 2nd time?

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

This will be good:) Clinton was a good president even if his morals were a little out of place.

Clinton did start to pay off the federal Debt (his last payment to it wa like 200m)

Bush-Made it 8TRILLION Plus

9. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm not holding my breath that'll we'll ever see it.

10. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I imagine it has only one bullet:

not a good "Christian".

11. opusthe2nd macrumors 6502

opusthe2nd

"Good" and "no morals" dont mix. In my opinion, you cant be a good President and have no morals.

12. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I'd say I called that one pretty accurately.

13. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

nicely done.

14. mac-er macrumors 65816

Yeah....I'd say Bush is a good President then. Because we all know that abuse of power, manipulation of intelligence, warmongering, war profiteering, lying, and running an election and administration based on fear are all signs of having a strong moral code. :rolleyes:

15. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

wow. you have BLOWN ME AWAY. you have, indisputably, argued that clinton was indeed the WORST PRESIDENT EVER.

teapot dome scandal, move over -- MR CLINTON HAS BEEN ACCUSED OF HAVING NO MORALS.

wow. wow wow wow.

btw, there is a subtle difference between "can't be good" and "worst ever." it's called "grey".

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

shhhh! everything is black and white! what are you talking about! :rolleyes:

17. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I've only been moderately familiar with US presidents, only really being aware of the past two. That being said, Clinton had to work to got where he was. Clinton for the most part was good. Bush on the other hand had it placed before him.

And I know if I was to vote on who was a worse president I'd look at a few things.

a) Clinton cheated on his wife.

b) Bush got into a war on false premise that has killed over 30,000 people.

To me, I find b) a little more appalling, but hey, I don't have a bible up my-ass either.

This pretty much explains why and how I feel the way I do; http://www.theonion.com/content/node/43012. Yes, I do know it's a joke news site.

18. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

No ****, sherlock.

GW Bush is a religious fanatic and Terrorist.

The Terrorist, GW Bush, has killed more innocent Iraqis than were killed in 11/9 ( 11st September for the dumb ).

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Hey- I didn't like Clinton either, but Bush makes him look like Mother Theresa. Don't even try to say Bush has morals. The man is morally bankrupt.

20. opusthe2nd macrumors 6502

opusthe2nd

I guess this is where we have to form what is the basis for morals. But, I loathe politics, I thought I would just answer the initial question of the post.

You all can carry it from here.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

OK- fine. Bush is the worst President ever. :) As far as I'm concerned, morals mean not killing, stealing or lying. If you cheat on your wife, hey that's between you and your wife to work out. BTW- they're still married, not divorced. That's pretty cool in my book. After all, we're all human and make mistakes. Or do you think she should have divorced him? Is that moral?

22. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Shouldn't that be 11th September ;)

One could say that any president would have looked bad on 9/11, however what followed and how easily the government/public has been lead down the garden path just amazes me.

23. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

you answered nothing. all you've done is indicate that you don't like clinton. fine, you don't have to. you really think he's the worst ever? then prove it.

yeah, politics is hard.

24. opusthe2nd macrumors 6502

opusthe2nd

Prove WHAT to who...and why? What part of my post did you not understand?

25. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

the part where why anyone should care about your unsupported and ill-informed opinion.