Reference Manager Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mattroberts, Mar 18, 2004.

1. mattroberts macrumors regular

mattroberts

Hello all,

I'm beginning to prepare for my honors thesis and at least 3 other large essays. And needless to say my organizational skills are being stretched, My friend on a PC has a product called reference manager I was wondering if there was any equivalent that people have tried for Mac, I'd like it to seamlessly integrate with Word X and generally make my notes more manageable. Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated.

cheers
    m

2. nyuntshwe macrumors newbie

Dear Mattroberts,
    You may go to the address below and download an academic version that costs about 90 US$, but if you are content with undergraduate version, it costs about 35 US$. I hope you are going to write outstanding thesis and essays.
    Regard,
    Nyunt

http://www.thirdstreetsoftware.com/site/introduction.html

3. steveoc macrumors regular

There is a great free FireFox extension called Zotero. Use the Version 1.5 beta and make a free account on their site and you will be able to sync your references and materials across computers. It has extensions that work with Word. It will produce bibliographic citations in a number of standard formats.

I have an acquaintance that is a Post Doc researcher who swears by Papers.

I have been experimenting with DevonThink which is more of an organizer than a reference manager. Very powerful.