Reformat incoming messages in Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bookworm182, Feb 25, 2005.

1. bookworm182 macrumors newbie

Jun 5, 2004
    Hey everybody, I was wondering if anyone knows how to reformat incoming messages in Mail. It's on a new Mac mini, so it should be up-to-date, and the problem is that on some of the messages I receive the text is either too small for me to read or too light in color (like a shade of gray). I know this is probably due to the way the mail was written on the other end (tell me please if this is not the issue) and so I was wondering if there was a way to reformat the messages to comply with one standard? Kind of like in Safari, where you have the option to up text size so it's never less than, for example, 12 pt. Please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    With Mail running:

Mail>Preferences>Fonts & Colors>Message Font

(also Message List Font if you're feeling particular...)
  3. bookworm182 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 5, 2004

I thought I tried that to no effect, but it seems to be working now...I feel stupid, but as long as it works, right? :eek: Thanks a lot!
  4. devman macrumors 65816

Apr 19, 2004
    If you mean for all messages then what Blue Velvet said is the way to go.

If you mean just for some messages (in my case, mail from Lotus Notes people often is too small) then Format->Style->Bigger/Smaller which are (supposedly) mapped to Command+ and Command-. However, on my system Command- works but Command+ does not. I have to use the menu for Bigger.
  5. reh macrumors 6502a

Oct 24, 2003
    Sure it works. Notice that a shift key is required to get the "upper" symbols...