Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cowman007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Hey

I'm interested in getting a refurbish 17 iMac but i unsure as to wear i can buy one. I hate buying stuff online and i live in Canada. Where can i buy a refurbish iMac????? oh and also how can i get leopard with my refurbished iMac. Any help is greatly appreciated.

topgunn

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
You can buy refurbished Macs from the Apple Store online or you can buy refreshed Macs from the brick and mortar Apple stores. If you want Leopard packaged with your new iMac, you will need to wait until it is released to buy. Apple will make sure it is included.

cowman007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
You can buy refurbished Macs from the Apple Store online or you can buy refreshed Macs from the brick and mortar Apple stores. If you want Leopard packaged with your new iMac, you will need to wait until it is released to buy. Apple will make sure it is included.

So basically the only way to to get a refurbish mac is to buy it online from the Apple store. that sucks.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
No. There are also AppleStores ! Go to your local AppleStore and they've got refurbished iMacs ! ;)

No Apple stores often have refreshed but refurbished will only be through the online Apple store or by calling the 800 #.

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
So basically the only way to to get a refurbish mac is to buy it online from the Apple store. that sucks.

Who did you expect to refurbish an Apple computer besides Apple? Or are you saying that you want a refurbished computer from your local Apple store? Since the refurbishing is not done locally it only makes sense to sell them from a central source.

cowman007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
WEll i was kinda hoping to buy it from my local Apple store not online. So tie back to our topic, can i buy refurbed macs at my local apple store or are they exclusively available online.

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
WEll i was kinda hoping to buy it from my local Apple store not online. So tie back to our topic, can i buy refurbed macs at my local apple store or are they exclusively available online.

Just online. They say they have "refreshed" products which may be similar but they're not the refurbished ones that Apple sells on their website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.