Refurb iPod: WOW

Discussion in 'iPod' started by lamina, Sep 21, 2006.

1. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I ordered a refurb iPod (30gb Black), and it arrived 5 days (3 business days) later, in absolutely pristene condition. It was in refurb packaging, but came with everything a new one would (cables, dock adapter, software, etc).

It looked like it had never been touched. Best of all, it came to about CAD$235. What a friggin deal.

2. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yeah the refurbs are great this time of year!

They are mostly just left over stock from the older iPods at amazing prices!!

3. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Fix/replace what hardware needs fixing and then they replace the outside case. I think a lot of the refurbs are just returns that people couldn't figure how to use with their computer.

I just bought a 2GB nano refurb, $99 and it looks brand new.

5. grizzlybrice macrumors regular

grizzlybrice

With the refurbs did they give you the newest headphone design or the old ones?

I am looking at a black 30gb refurb to curb my iPod-lessness (3g one just died) until the "true" video ones come out.

6. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

The thing is that the refurb prices on iPods really aren't that great anymore with the recent aggressive price cuts from Apple. I would rather have the new model with more battery life.

7. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

yeah I was eyeing up the refurb 60gb iPods earlier this week, the price is right and I had wanted a 60gb in the first place, just no one in the small town I was living in had them in stock.

8. lamina thread starter macrumors 68000

lamina

They gave the old style headphones, which didn't surprise me.

9. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I ordered a 60fig refurb and couldn't be happier. It was a great deal, cheaper to buy the 60 then to buy a new 30, and none of the "new" features really meant anything to me. I think the screen on this one is just great, I haven't felt like it isn't bright enough.