Refurb Mac and Mac Printer Deal

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Indohottie, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Indohottie macrumors 6502

Indohottie

Can you buy a refurb mac from the online store, and still recieve that 100 dollar rebate of a printer deal?

Anyone have any experience with this..

Frank

2. ready2switch macrumors 6502

I remember reading about a month ago that the referbs did qualify for the printer rebate. I have no first-hand experience, but maybe do a search and you can find the same post I'm remembering.

3. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I'd try calling 1-800-MY-APPLE and ask them, they'd know...;)

4. ready2switch macrumors 6502

5. 7ttman macrumors newbie

Uk experience

I used my wife's education discount to buy a 24" imac, printer and ipod. That was October 2006... still waiting for the refund after two lots of correspondence and having to return every barcode on every box!

Don't understand why they are making this an adminstrative nightmare.

6. Good Yeti macrumors newbie

No - you can't

The printer rebate is for any new mac w/printer. Just ordered a refurb and asked the question myself - refurbs don't qualify.

7. Christina1971 macrumors regular

That's strange. I'm not doubting your experience, but when I called the Apple Store to ask the same question the day before yesterday, the person I talked to said that the rebate DID apply to refurb Macs. And indeed, on the rebate form itself, it doesn't say anything about the Mac having to be brand-spanking-new or not a refurb or anything like that. Certainly if they only meant new, they would have said "refurbs are not eligible" or something like that, just as easily as they list the brands of printers that are part of the deal.

8. winchest macrumors regular

I just filed my paperwork for the rebate with a refurbished mac. I guess they could reject it, but I did it online and it did not give me any issues when I put in the refurbished computer model number. So we shall see....