Refurb Mac Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mercuris, Sep 19, 2006.

1. mercuris macrumors newbie

Okay I'll get straight to the point.

I've been looking at getting a video Ipod (probably 30GB) and *maybe* a Macbook. I'm cheap so I was looking around the refurb mac store and saw I can save a bit on ipods and macbooks (as I'm sure all of you know haha).

Anyway, I know they make sure they're in working shape and throw them into new packaging and accessories, but how are they cosmetically? I'm not sure if I want to spend $180-250 for an ipod only to get it and have it all scratched. Some minior scratches I could deal with though. Same with the macbooks.

So anyone that's ordered macbooks and ipods through the refurbished section, how are they?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Maybe you could do a little search and check the other 91 threads from the past year. ;)

I like mine, though.

3. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

i just ordered a refurb 60gb 5G. haven't gotten it yet, so I can't speak first-hand, but from the other threads already on this subject, everyone has said they've gotten them 100% perfect.. no scratches at all, for the most part.

4. mercuris thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops didn't even think about doing that. :p

Looks like I'm going for a refurb 60GB at this rate.

5. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

they're great deals, truly. $230 for a 5G 60gb. I was able to sell my 30gb Photo on eBay for $200 shipped, so it cost me practically nothing to get a "brand new" ipod, with a crap load more features, and double the space...!

6. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

7. MonksMac macrumors 6502a

MonksMac

I bought a refurb iPod. Came and it looked BRAND NEW!:)