Refurb MBP's already, that was fast.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by asencif, Mar 30, 2006.

1. asencif macrumors 6502

Just checked the refurb store and noticed that both MBP models are already available. This is quite fast for a new model to be on available for sale on the refurb store. I wonder if this will now be a new trend or just that there were a lot of bad MBP's returned or just simply returned.

2. danny_w macrumors 601

From the looks of things here and on the Apple forum, it looks like quite a few people have had problems and returned their MBPs.

3. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

It'll be all of the returns they've had. It's true what they say about Rev As...

4. dcv macrumors G3

We don't have any Intel machines in the UK refurb store yet but Regent Street had a whole load of refreshed Intel iMacs and a couple of the Intel Mac Minis last weekend. Those were basically customer returns, being sold with a 10% discount.

5. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

There were Rev E Powerbooks in the refurb section just a couple weeks after they were released. They have the notorious screen banding problem. My Rev D 12" Powerbook is less than a year old and has had a hard drive failure, a scrollpad malfunction, and the latch broke.

I'm not sure where the "Rev A is bad, later Revs are better" line of thought came from. It's better to say that every new computer, regardless of revision, will have it's own set of problems.

I have a Rev A MBP, and it's great.

6. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i may have to get in on some of that action when i go pick up my 23" ACD :D.

7. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

Hmmm, can't wait for some Intel Mini refurb's to arrive.

8. dcv macrumors G3

For future reference, they usually put the refreshed items out for sale on the last weekend of the month.

9. asencif thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm...Makes me want to go check out the Apple Store here in NYC this week to see if any refreshed items are out.

10. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

Yes! And most importantly...they're below the student educationd discount! *does a happy dance*. This is really exciting for me! :D

11. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

Still need to pay tax. You sure you don't want to just buy it from Amazon?

12. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Amazon: $1999 - $150 rebate = $1849
    Apple Refurb: $1699 + $97.69 tax = $1796.69

Yeah it's a refurb, but I actually might feel better about the quality on a refurb given what problems brand new MBPs have had.

13. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

don't forget the $31.xx for the a9 discount, as well as the 3% rewards for using an Amazon Visa.