Refurb MBPs not that popular?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iW00t, Jan 19, 2007.

1. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

The C2D Macbooks are sold out inside of a day, but the C2D MBPs have been staying put for almost a week...

Why aren't the MBPs selling anymore?

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

The MacBook is way more popular than the MacBook Pro. It was the same with the iBook and the PowerBook. Most consumers don't need the more expensive laptop.

3. tundotcom macrumors member

If I were in the market for one, I'd definitely get a refurb. I just got a refurb MB though :D

4. copanewbe macrumors member

Too expensive?

As of 10 AM CST, there are two MBP C2D models and one C2D Blackbook, which I think has been sitting there a couple of days. It seems to me that only MBP's that last online are the more upgraded ones with a hefty price. I just bought a Refurb C2D MBP 2.16, which IMO disappears faster than anything with its $1599 price tag. Like it has been said, I think money is one of the main factors in these sales.

I think most people that can afford drop $2K to $2500 on a laptop dont really care about saving on a refurb and just buy new. Just a thought.

5. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

I agree, those that need a up-specced MBP are generally professionals that probably rather a new one than a refurb (speaking from experience).

6. aquajet macrumors 68020

Well, it's kind of hard to draw any conclusions here, considering we don't know how many machines of each type Apple have to begin with.

7. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

Or perhaps people in the price range want to order the machine with different options than the stock offerings - i.e, larger hard drive.

Excellent point!

8. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

Well the 2.33 C2D MBP I saw yesterday is gone now...Same as mine but for 2k.

9. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

Macbooks mostly gone now except for black C2D models.

10. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

I think its like what copanewbe said, people that want a high end MBP have the money and therefore don't want a refurb

The low end MBP probably sell to people that where intending to buy a MacBook but there was a MBP refurb available at the time they ordered, so they chose that,

11. L3X macrumors 6502a

i have money and i'm going to get a refurb MBP... :) but i also want some other stuff...

but most people dont' need the MBP and can settle for the MB and save some cash to get some other gear...as others mentioned.

12. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

Refurb prices are about the same as what you get with ADC pricing. Pretty good way to SAVE literally if you ask me :)