Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrzyCanuck72

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2003
The refurb 2G Nano that I ordered arrived today. I unpacked it, hooked it up to my computer and let it sync & charge... it had been charging for about 4 hours when I thought it would be safe to disconnect it and play with it. As soon as I disconnected it from my computer, however, it died. The screen froze on whatever it was showing right before I unplugged it, and then slowly started to fade out until the screen was blank. No buttons revive it. Resetting it does nothing (the Apple logo doesn't even show). As soon as I plug it back into my computer though, the screen comes to life, and it's fully usable.

Is my Nano DOA, or do I really have to charge the battery fully the first time 'round (I thought 4 hours of charging would give it enough juice to at least let me play with it a bit...)

TIA

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
I thought the nano fully charges in 3 hours. So I think the battery is faulty (or disconnected internally) based on your description.

Send it back I guess.

Greg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.