Refurb Nanos

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Bogie, Jun 4, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Anyone else ever ordered a refurbed Nano? I just ordered a 2 gig silver specifically for running and was wondering what I might be able to expect.

2. Moderator emeritus

EricNau

It'll come in a brown box. Other than that, you won't notice any differences.

3. macrumors 6502a

kymac

They actually changed their refurbished boxes, well im assuming that they updated them across the whole refurb line. i took some pictures when a couple of my new shuffles arrived. http://www.flickr.com/photos/8444087@N03/sets/72157600248368930/

4. thread starter macrumors regular

I have a kind of related question. They do um, give you new headphones on a refurb right?

5. macrumors 6502a

kymac

yes they include headphones, they also unclude a manual, stickers and the accessories a regular ipod would come with. refurbished is truely the way to go when purchasing anything from apple [:

6. macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

wow, they really did give their entire refurb line a face-lift.

7. macrumors regular

Frankf300

I got an iPod mini from the refurb store when they came out with the 2nd Generation minis and it was flawless. You won't even know that it's a refurb. Chances are my next iPod will be from the refurb store. Especially when those previous generation iPod videos pop up for $179, can't beat that. :D

8. macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

my friend got a refurb video and it's just as good as a new one. nothing to worry about.

9. macrumors regular

what are the warranty's on refurb products?

10. macrumors regular

Expect a great Nano! I ordered a 1 gen nano to use with Nike+ back in Dec and it was perfect, even came with the new style headphones, don't think they would reuse old headphones. It was wrapped in plastic and looked as clean and fresh as new, very happy with it.

11. macrumors regular

Same as new, 1 year

12. macrumors regular

price isnt too bad but im still hoping to find old 20gb for less than 100 i love those, those are my favs

13. macrumors 6502a

kymac

14. macrumors regular

15. macrumors G3

puckhead193

i got a "refurb"/exchanged 2 gig nano from my apple store. It came in the same box. the headphone look used but i never used them. On the bottom near where the USB cable goes, was scratched pretty bad. Two months later my battery was weak so i brought it in and they gave me a brand new one.

16. macrumors 6502

I have a veteran 4th gen 20GB I've been meaning to sell in the marketplace. It's a little scratched, but has AppleCare for another one and a half years. PM me if you're interested.