Hello everyone! So here's my dilemna... I have a 1st gen iMac G4 right now, and I've been waiting about a year or so to get a laptop. At first I didn't want a MacBook Pro because I wanted the 2nd Gen with Merom. I recently realized that a MacBook Pro with Merom would be more expensive than a regular black MacBook and I decided I'd rather have sort of a bare-bones Mac laptop and one of those new 24in. iMac powerhouses. So I've decided to buy a laptop soon and get one of the new iMac's in the spring of 07 when Leopard comes out. However, I can't decide what laptop I want. It's basically a standoff between this refurbished 12" PowerBook Apple has on the refurbished section of its store or a new black MacBook. The PowerBook is the last generation of its kind so it is (or was) top-of-the-line. Here are the specs: - Apple Certified Refurbished PowerBook G4 - 12.1-inch TFT Display - 1024x768 resolution - 1.5GHz PowerPC G4 - 512MB DDR333 SDRAM - 80GB Hard Drive - Slot-load SuperDrive - NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 (64MB DDR) - Full size keyboard - 10/100BASE-T Ethernet - FireWire 400 - Analog audio in/out - Mini-DVI out - Trackpad scrolling capability - AirPort Extreme - Bluetooth 2.0 + Enhanced Data Rates - Sudden Motion Sensor (SMS) - two USB 2.0 ports - Mini-DVI-to-VGA adapter - 56K modem (v.92) - $1,199 I've always liked the 12" PowerBook as it has a small footprint, is light as 4.6 pounds, and is made out of aluminum. However, my father has a friend who works for Apple who can get a black MacBook for a base price of $1,270, which is a very attractive price. However, it seems like Apple will be updating it soon given the release of the Core 2 Duo processor, so I'd want to wait for the MacBook to be updated with that. It seems like such an update is right around the corner. But I really don't feel like waiting another month or so for it to be updated. It's not that I need a laptop right now for college but I'm just tired of waiting. I also prefer the feel of the PowerBook to the black MacBook and the G4 does have a dedicated graphics card. So, what should I do? They're both about the same price. Should I get the G4 or wait till the end of September to see if the MacBook is updated or if Apple releases a smaller MacBook Pro?