Refurb Purchasing Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tsk, Mar 30, 2004.

1. tsk macrumors 6502a

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm seriously considering the purchase of a refurb and had a few questions.

First, what's the day Apple lists the refurbs for sale?

Second, are there are stores besides the Apple that I can purchase a refurb from?

Finally is there any price protection on the refurbs?

2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    I'd like to know if Apple retail stores carry any refurbs as well. Anyone?

3. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    1) as they become available. check often...

2) some stores carry discontinued products... smalldog electronics have some deals. check it's a good site.

3) i don't think so. they are already discounted so... outside of loose 10 day or so policy, i am not sure if apple offers any kind of protection at all. afaik, if someone who's ticked off because they just bought a brand new machine a few days ago call to complain about an update, they may give some discount or upgrade, but i don't think you can expect the same purchasing a refurb...
  4. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    I am 95% certain there is no price protection on the refurbs. Most of them are basically new, so I guess they figure the refurb price is good enough.
  5. discoforce macrumors 6502a

Jan 27, 2004
    Vermont, USA
    Smalldog Electronics just received their quarterly shipment of refurb computers, so they have a relatively high number of them. In general, they seem to trickle in a few here and there.

I'm going today to get my 15 PB!!!! :D
  6. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    Kinda stinks that they area selling refurb 15" PBooks for the same price as a new one with educational discount. :rolleyes:
  7. Snowblind macrumors newbie

Mar 4, 2004
    Woodbridge VA
    Getting to Refurbs

If you go to the online Apple store, scroll down and you will see a an area that says "special deals" right next to a reg tag with the word "save" on it. Click in that area and you will be rerouted to the refurbs. always have refurbs in stock, I think might have some too, but I'm not sure about that. :)