Refurb shipping: 7-10 Days - normal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Tastannin, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Tastannin macrumors 6502

Tastannin

Hi all,

I'm one of those who was waiting on a refreshed CoreImage-capable iBook, saving up and planning to finance the purchase myself. However, I got offered a deal by my boss who said he'd buy me a new Powerbook so I could do some video work for him on the side. (I commute to work on the bus, so I can work on the road.) I went ahead and purchased a refurb 15 inch PB 1.67 for $1999 from the Apple Store, and what's struck me as weird is that the shipping time on this PB is 7-10 business days. Is this normal? I've purchased refurb systems in the past and they've never been this long in shipping. Most everything else on the refurb store is abt 1-3 days to ship.

No biggie, I can wait, but just found the long wait a bit unusual - are they waiting on a new batch of refurbs to come in or what?

I'm definitely excited. Looking forward to this sweet machine after using a beat-up hand-me-down TiBook 500.

2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Sounds like an update. Happened to the iBook just before the update. Now we just have to wait for the 3-5 estimated ship on stock models.

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Longer shipping times on a refurb doesn't usually mean an update. :p It usually just means they're waiting to get some, or sold out and are waiting for more to be refurbished and packaged.

4. Tastannin thread starter macrumors 6502

Tastannin

I highly doubt this is even indicative of a refresh. I'm more of the opinion that Itasor has - probably waiting on more systems due to the high demand. I'd rather save $ than try to take advantage of the edu pricing/Student Union deal - I really don't need an iPod.

Just was wondering if anyone would know why the ship times are so long. Just hate to wait, but I'll do it to save the money. :)