Refurbed AirPort Express with Wireless N??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by WVUAppleSeed, Jul 22, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2006
    Hey can someone help me here. I was browsing the refurb site on, and noticed that you can now get the Airport Express base station with Wireless N...

I thought that was the whole point of the upgrade to Airport Extreme? I'm confused. Check out this link and let me know what y'all think.
  2. macrumors Penryn

Mar 23, 2005
    The Airport Extreme is much more the 802.11n. ;)

What about network drives and Ethernet ports?
  3. macrumors 68000

Mar 3, 2006
    The express does give you the "streaming itunes over wireless" thing. If you don't need the the extra ports, go for the express.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2004
    Northeast, CT
    Well like everyone else has said there are more options with the Extreme, USB HD connectivity, multiple ethernet ports. Just no streaming music. So to each its own pros and cons. I have both although the Express is the pre-n version, am thinking of jumping to the N version to move my whole wireless set up to N only.
  5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2006
    What I am saying is that the link I provided shows the EXPRESS with WIRELESS N, and as you said the Express has always been pre-N. Thoughts?
  6. macrumors 6502

Aug 18, 2007
    the express has been n for a couple months so far. they just recently started to show up refurbed. some times you can see both n and pre-n on the refurbed site
  7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2006
    Awesome! Thank you...I was just making sure that this wasn't a fluke before I purchase it. I love Macfans :)
  8. macrumors 6502a

Aug 11, 2007
    They dont last that long -- so keep buying refurbs every year or so.. sorry to be so negative but its true..
  9. macrumors newbie

Jul 23, 2008
    Airport Extreme 802.11n Draft 2 Compatibility?

Anyone know if it supports 108Mbps (SuperG+) with Draytek Vigor VG2800VGN (which have draft 2.0 of 802.11n)