Refurbed MacBook from Apple: Will all known bugs have been fixed?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PaulinMaryland, Jul 18, 2006.

1. PaulinMaryland macrumors regular

May 17, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    I want to buy a refurbished black MacBook from the Apple Store. As I recall, early black MacBooks had problems with moo-ing and hot spots, and maybe the finish. When Apple prepares a MacBook for refurb, do they fix all known bugs while they're at it? Or will some of the more physical bugs probably still be there?

Apple's refurb practices are described here:

I don't expect them to replace the casing, but if, say, a heat problem was caused by too much or too little solder, will they look for those problems and fix them before turning the unit around and putting it up for sale?

I don't want my daughter to end up with a MacBook that will burn her lap from a hot spot just because I wanted to save $100 and ended up with an early production model.
  2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

Apr 14, 2006
    Clemson, SC
    The refurbs should have been put through a second QC after whatever problems that caused the machine to be returned in the first place were fixed. However, if you do buy it and find that it has any problems, then you can just call applecare and have them fix it for you (since you get that 1 year warranty with refurbs just like with brand new machines).