Refurbed MBP 2.0 Core duo vs. New Macbook C2D?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by coachingguy, Dec 13, 2006.

1. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

Feb 7, 2003
    The Great White, Albeit Frozen North
    I'm looking to get a new laptop soon. I've been living with a G4 iBook for a couple of years and a G5 iMac. I'm happy with both, but the wife wants the iBook and gave me the thumbs up to start looking at another laptop "within reason" price wise;) .

I could get a New MB ooorrrr... a refurbed MBP 1.83 core duo $1399 or MBP 2.0 core duo $1449.

Primary uses: Internet, Word Proc., Photo editing, limited gaming, iMovie and iDVD, some iWeb etc...

Which will hold out the longest 2-3 years and handle Leopard?

2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    Personally, i'd take the refurbished MBP. It's overall more for your money, bigger screen, (possibly bigger HDD and better optical) WAY better graphics chip since your interested in gaming. Unless you need a ultra-portable laptop, or you ABSOLUTELY need the bragging rights of C2D, then i'd go with the MBP ;).
  3. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
    MBP, only if I noticed refurbish section on before I bought my MB, the graphic card is a one-time deal, u can't change it once u get it, so MBP has huge advantages over MB on this.
  4. iW00t macrumors 68040

Nov 7, 2006
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    Since most people who see a MBP won't even care to come up and click "About this Mac" and then go "wow" when they see it has a C2D, I can safely say you can get a decent amount of bragging rights with the refurb as well :p
  5. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

Aug 14, 2006
    If you'd like the smaller size get the macbook, otherwise, get the macbook pro.