Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hongolia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Edmonton
From browsing the forums, I noticed many people are antsy about buying a refurbished Mac product. I have purchased several refurbs from Mac (Mac Mini, Time Capsule) and now a new Macbook Air. I've decided to post for those of you sitting on the fence about buying a refurb. I attached some pics so you know what you'll be getting.

As you can see, it sent in a standard shipping box. Upon opening the box, the accessories are packaged in a neat box. The prize is just below, well wrapped in a protective plastic film. When examined carefully, there are no dents scratches, or any other cosmetic issues.

From a computer standpoint, I have had zero issues with the Macbook Air so you guys can read actual computer reviews elsewhere.

Overall, I highly recommend to those of you thinking about buying a refurb to go for it. Save a few bucks (I spent mine on a bag and skin for the Air) and enjoy your new computer.

Attachments

• Last Import - 01.jpg
    Last Import - 01.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 329
  • Last Import - 02.jpg
    Last Import - 02.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 314
  • Last Import - 04.jpg
    Last Import - 04.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 328
  • Last Import - 05.jpg
    Last Import - 05.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 332
  • Last Import - 08.jpg
    Last Import - 08.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 375

xxRONNIExx

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
California
I agree with you 100%....I got mines on Monday and cant put it down. The box isn't anything fancy but I really don't care. Save yourself a few hundred bucks and get a refurb. :)

Buck987

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Same here..well packaged...order a 11" base with 4gb on wednesday night with standard free shipping. Arrived on friday afternoon.

Looks good. A speck or two in the bezel. Works well. Neat little computer to add to my iMac, MBP and 2 ipads.

Probable sell the iPad i use around the house. Will keep the iPad with unlimited G3 in my briefcase.

Screen looks better here that in the Apple store. That was a pleasant surprise.

simeezee

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
I thought about getting a refurbished MBA from apple.com also. But it came out to be only about 30 bucks cheaper after tax and shipping than a brand new one from amazon. So I ended up buying the one from amazon.

mtkagan

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2008
Same here..well packaged...order a 11" base with 4gb on wednesday night with standard free shipping. Arrived on friday afternoon.

Looks good. A speck or two in the bezel. Works well. Neat little computer to add to my iMac, MBP and 2 ipads.

Probable sell the iPad i use around the house. Will keep the iPad with unlimited G3 in my briefcase.

Screen looks better here that in the Apple store. That was a pleasant surprise.

can i ask where your 11 mba shipped from? I ordered the 11 mba refurb wed night too and it has yet to reach CA from PA =/

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Got refrubished MBA 11.6 with everything maxed out. It only cost me 1060 dollars + 6% tax. Couldn't be more happier. Awesome computer.

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
My rev C MBA was a refurb and it was as you described. I would not hesitate to buy an Apple refurb again. The only reason I did not get a refurb new MBA was that I couldn't wait for the refurbs to be available. A refurb from Apple is always a great choice!

Aboo

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
Got refrubished MBA 11.6 with everything maxed out. It only cost me 1060 dollars + 6% tax. Couldn't be more happier. Awesome computer.

How did you manage that?? The 11" ultimate is 1189 in the Refurb store...

Buck987

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Lol seriously?? Apple doesn't haggle on the phone and trust me I have tried. Im gonna have to see some proof to believe this one...

thats's what he claims...he posted he had to spend an hour on the phone with a saleperson.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.