Refurbished Apple TV 2 Software Version

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by aeronauticsrock, Mar 21, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Has anyone bought a refurb ATV2? What software are they shipping with?

I bought an ATV3 but since it looks like JB might be a long while, Im wondering if the refurb ATV2s are still shipping with old SW. Anyone know?

TIA.

2. macrumors 6502

Idgit

Mine arrived today. Firmware version: 4.4.4.

3. macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

where are you all ordering the refurb apple tv's from? I dont see it on the apple website

4. macrumors 6502

Idgit

Canadian Apple Store.

The refurbed ATVs don't stay up long, so I used http://refurb-tracker.com/ to alert me when they return.

5. macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Ah yea I'm set to be notified when they had more.

From the sound of it we might be waiting awhile for a jailbreak for the atv3. So I figure I'll snatch up another 2 and hope it has 4.4.4.

6. macrumors newbie

Refurbished Apple TV 2 Software Version

Be careful with these Apple refurbished ones. I have a friend who just purchased one and although it's running the old GUI and the version in 'About' states 4.4.4, when I tried saving the BLOBS this evening, Tiny Umbrella reports the saved blobs as 5.1 and I'm unable to JB it with Seas0nPass or Sn0wbreeze.

[​IMG]

7. macrumors 6502

Idgit

Yeah, I discovered the same thing. So I updated to 5.0 and a few days later a tethered jailbreak was released, which I have since applied.