refurbished CD MBP or C2D MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vanzskater272, Oct 29, 2006.

1. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

I have been waiting for a macbook pro for a while now but I don't know if I should get a refurbished 2.0Ghz mbp or the new 2000 dollar mbp. I really want the 256mb of VRAM but if I get the C2D I will end up with 128mb. I do plan on installing leopard in the future and doing gaming. So do you think I will notice the difference in VRAM and what will I be missing out on if I don't get the C2D?

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

get the refurb. Its much cheaper and the c2d aren't fast enough to justify the extra money and not getting 256mb of vram.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

obviously refurb CD, 256VRAM has much more impact on system than C2D for gaming,

4. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

personally id get the refurb. id love to sell my macbook and get a refurbed macbook pro. Such a good deal, and the speed desnt justify the price at least for me.

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

gosh, when i checked their website today, i was having the exactly same thought, altho I really like the color of my MB.

6. NorCalLights macrumors 6502a

If you really want a 256mb graphics card, and you won't get one if you get the C2D MBP, then I think you've answered your own question. Get the CD MBP.