refurbished core duo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by acoustics940, Jan 28, 2007.

1. acoustics940 macrumors member

Dec 14, 2006
    I will be getting macbook soon refurbished. I already have a 1gb stick waiting to put in it upon arrival. My question is if I get a refurbished core duo ( I will be doing this for budget reasons dont suggest MBP or whatever I dont have the funds) will it be a year old because they do not produce core duo anymore?? Or will I still be fine getting a core duo?Can you get refurbished machines in the apple store or do I have to order it online??
  2. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Just because it is a Core Duo based MacBook does not mean that it is a year old. The Core Duo MacBooks were sold from May of 2006 to November of 2006. The Core 2 Duo is marginally faster (up to 25% according to Apple) than the Core Duo, so you are getting a fast chip either way. :)

You can buy refurbished machines from Apple retail stores (just be sure to call ahead of time and see what they have in stock). :)
  3. JBazz macrumors 6502

Apr 14, 2006
    As mentioned above, you can only get the refurbished at But the apple stores have open box specials (cant recall what they call them) if you ask specificly for them.
  4. acoustics940 thread starter macrumors member

Dec 14, 2006
    Is the open box special the same thing basically with a warranty still?
  5. kellen macrumors 68020

Aug 11, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    They call them "refreshed" in stores, basically a used laptop that was returned. Same warranty.

Definitely call ahead, inventory differs.
  6. dr427 macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2005
    Oklahoma City
    I bought a refurbished MBP with Core Duo and my only suggestion is that the Core Duo 2's now have the 802.11n capability where as the Core Duo (as I understand it) don't have this ability.

Other than that I can't imagine that you would have any disappointments.