Refurbished ibook purchase on Apple Store

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by littlecountrygi, Feb 9, 2006.

1. littlecountrygi macrumors newbie

Feb 9, 2006
    i recently had an old powerbook die on me, and as i am in a crunch and have a minimal amount of money to spend I have decided to buy a refurbished ibook from the apple store - they are quite cheap depending on RAM.

what i think i would like to do is purchase one of the following. either this PROVIDED I CAN FIND CHEAP RAM SOMEWHERE (you have to scroll to bottom):

OR THIS:

in terms of money, i would rather go with the first option, and if i can find cheap-ish RAM than it might work out cheaper than the 2nd option, but i don't know if there is something else i am missing between the two models.

Timely advice is of the essence! i want to buy either one today...thanks!
  2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

Mar 31, 2004
    A geographical oddity
    Cheap ram shouldn't be a problem.

Other than the basic differences of slight speed, HD size and BT, I don't htink there is a lot of difference. I don't know much about the video cards, but I don't believe it is that big a jump. I think that may be worth the $300 price difference, but that is really a "what will you use it for?" issue. I guess the same vein is the Sudden motion sensor - do you tend to drop your computer? I baby my PB, so not having it isn't that big a deal to me.

I prefer to go to RAM Seeker just because you can compare prices quickly, but everybody will have their own opinion. And, just so you know today it was showing a lot of 1GB sticks for the low $100s (DDR 2100).