Refurbished iBook Questions...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Pipian, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Pipian macrumors regular

Does the one for 1,050$ on the applestore come with the software that the new ones do?
    i.e
    "Mac OS X, Mac OS 9, QuickTime, iCal, iChat, iLife (includes iMovie, iPhoto, iTunes), iSync, DVD Player, AppleWorks, Mac OS X Mail, Microsoft Internet Explorer, EarthLink (includes 30 days of free service), AOL, Quicken 2003 Deluxe, World Book 2003 Edition, Mac OS X Chess, Otto Matic, Deimos Rising, Microsoft Office v.X Test Drive, Sound Studio, FAXstf, and Acrobat Reader; Apple Hardware Test CD"

Are Refurbished systems generally pretty good? More problems than new ones?

2. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

Looks like a complete set of software. That's what came with my machine.

I have heard that refurbs are fine. I have experience with refurb electronics (which were all good experiences), but no computers.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I heard that the refurbished systems are less likely to have problems than the new ones! Apparently this is because they test the refurbished ones individually, not just test a few from each batch like they do with the new ones.

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I haven't bought any refurbs, but I hear that they are as good if not better than the brand new ones. As nermal says, each refurb is individually tested. And yes, they come with both the full set of software, and the full 1 year warranty (expandable to 3 years as with any other mac).