Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
if you have AmEx AND halo4/live account sync your Amex card to your xbox.

You get $10 for doing so, $25 for beating the game (havent done it yet) and $50 off $100+ at best buy for beating one spartan ops mission.

Dunno if that and 20 off 200 are stackable, but I'd honestly just go for the halo 4 $50 off $100+ deal instead...

that's what I did for my iPad mini :D

(threw it on a gift card, $100, so I got the credit from AmEx and in case I returned the mini, still got the gift card for a future purchase... already saw the credit appear in my statement days later even though they say it takes up to 8 weeks, love AmEx plus two years warranty)

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
if you have AmEx AND halo4/live account sync your Amex card to your xbox.

You get $10 for doing so, $25 for beating the game (havent done it yet) and $50 off $100+ at best buy for beating one spartan ops mission.

Dunno if that and 20 off 200 are stackable, but I'd honestly just go for the halo 4 $50 off $100+ deal instead...

that's what I did for my iPad mini :D

(threw it on a gift card, $100, so I got the credit from AmEx and in case I returned the mini, still got the gift card for a future purchase... already saw the credit appear in my statement days later even though they say it takes up to 8 weeks, love AmEx plus two years warranty)

It's basically purchase an item from bestbuy 200 bucks more you get 20off my Amex statement. Every bit helps.....:D

yeah definitely. $20 is my weekly commuting cost.

is the $20 off $200 something you have to register for in your amex account?

can you PM a link with the details? thanks!

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I originally bought the 16GB 4 the day after launch, but using the Black Friday deal at Best Buy, I upgraded to the 32GB. Due to $120 in reward zone certificates, the upgrade was $32. Total cost $453 after taxes.

I owned the 3 and now the 4. I notice very little difference between the two. I'm staying with the 4 for the lightning connector, the 'faster' CPU, and the improved battery life.

blairs1

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Dang that's a good deal. For $26, I don't think I would even think about it. $100 off seems too good to be true for a brand new, just introduced iPad ESP since your not signing any contracts with a wireless carrier. I hear Canadian tax is way less than what we pay in California as well so you probably paid less than I paid for my refurbished 3($418). I suggest taking it to the apple store and comparing it with the floor models to make sure your screen is good(open up a blank safari page and go through the brightness in increments comparing yours to another). If there is a perceivable difference, show an apple employee. It's still under warranty and will be replaced.

Great idea. Will do that.

And tax here in Ontario is 13%. Some provinces have lower tax rates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.