iPad Refurbished iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Divyadisha01, Jul 8, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi!

I have ordered one refurbished iPad mini. Can anybody tell me that the packaging of iPad at the time of delivery will be same as new apple products or it will differ?

Looking for your help ASAP.
    TIA

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Refurb products come in a plain box, not the same box as new products. Other than that, refurbs are pretty much the same as new, possibly better.

3. macrumors 68020

The box is the same type, but has no pictures of the iPad on it. It simply says iPad mini on it. Packaging otherwise is exactly the same i believe. You'll get the same unboxing "experience" all in all.

4. macrumors 6502

I know that for me, the box is the most important thing in the purchase.:rolleyes:

5. macrumors 603

saving107

6. macrumors regular

Refurbed gets here pretty fast they come from china.
    I live in ny Long Island my refurbed ipad 4 came 5 days if you live on the west cost u will get it faster by the way these refurbs are awesome it's like brand new

7. macrumors 603

saving107

I don't think that is true.

I live in Modesto, Ca and about 90 miles away in Rancho Cordova, Ca their is an Apple repair center and thats where all of my refurbished iPods and MacBook have come from. I usually pay for next day delivery and I get it in less than 24hrs hours later.

Its kind of like Netflix, Apple has repair centers across the US but they're just not listed.

8. macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

I just ordered a 16GB Mini in white and received it a few days ago. Was shipped from China and arrived in the normal "new" packaging. Not sure of something got crossed in the process and I got a new one but that's how it arrived and I ordered from the refurb section of Apple.com.

9. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Refurbs don't come from China. Many Apple products are shipped directly from the factories in China when they're new, but refurbs are shipped from the US.
    If it came from China and was in new packaging, it wasn't a refurb. The serial number should tell you whether it's a refurb or not.

10. macrumors 68020

I have purchased five Apple refurb products and 3, maybe 4, were shipped from China. One iPod touch I remember shipped from the US.

11. macrumors G3

Actually some refurbs do come from China. Seeing as I just got an iPod touch in a refurb box that shipped from China.

12. macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

Sweet. Saved $50.00 and still got brand new.

13. macrumors 68020

Only the serial number will tell you whether or not it's a refurb. Almost every refurb i have bought from Apple shipped from China.

14. macrumors 603

saving107

Then maybe it depends where you live because all of my refurb products have come from Sacramento, Ca (none from China).

15. macrumors 65816

myrtlebee

I have bought about 20 refurb Apple products over the years. I live in Maryland and every one has come directly from China.

16. macrumors 68020

Maybe. Though I dont really see the logic in it. I'm in New York for what it's worth.