Refurbished Ipod Nanos from Apple

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Hicks., Dec 20, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

Hicks.

Apple seem to have some great deals in their refurbished section. What's the catch are they 1st generation?

2. macrumors 6502a

bill4588

yeah the nano's are first gen. they also don't come with the fancy packaging, but other than that they are identical to new (1st gen) units.

3. macrumors regular

i wish i would've bought one of these first. instead, i bought a new one... and, i ended up sending it in for repair just to get a refurb, which was actually in mint condition, probably new.

refurbs are great ideas... :)

4. thread starter macrumors regular

Hicks.

I figured there would be some catch. What are the exact differences between 1G and 2G?

I know of the paint finish and 2G is slimmer?

5. macrumors 65816

Ive bought 2 of them, one 1gb one and one 2gb one. Work perfectly, look brand new.

Only weird thing was the 2gb one came out of the box in some weird language. I found the reset all settings and it took me back to the select language screen.

6. macrumors newbie

bought the video refurb and it is exactly like buying a new one except it doesnt come in a fancy box, just a plain brown one.

7. macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I bought a 1GB refurb nano and it is awesome. If it hadn't come in the little brown box (and if it weren't 1st gen) I would swear it was brand new.

8. macrumors 6502a

macg4

yeah i bought a refurb 5g ipod 30gig video. came in a brown plane jane box, but would swear it was brand new

9. macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

My sister just got a 4G one a few days ago. It looked brand new... made me jealous... $99 for a 20 gig iPod. Dang!