Refurbished Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ichii, Sep 22, 2006.

1. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

I ordered a refurbished Macbook 1.83 ghz with 60gb, I was wondering if anyone has the random shutdown problem with any refurbished Macbooks. Also is it normal for that my estimated delivery date is Oct 12? On my invoice I have estimated ship date is Oct 4 and estimated delivery date is Oct 12. I think that's a bit long about 22 days from when I ordered it.

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i think the refurbished ones should be fine. Expect bonus upgrades as well :p

3. generik macrumors 601

generik

Refurbs are very good deals, scored a 2.0Ghz from the US store (including worldwide delivery) for less than what it'd cost me to get a new 1.83Ghz in Australia.

Crikey! What a ripper! :mad:

4. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

Did you have any problem with the refurbished Macbook? Rss problems or anything scratch or dent problems?

5. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

Yeah thats a BIG question i have about referbuished products, are they really scratched up? I want to buy a referb iPod and i am kinda worried that they will look like hell..
    So are referbs scratched much?

also, i doubt they will have any problems that arent 'within specs' otherwise apple couldnt resell them.

6. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

Referbs are perfect. They are always scratch free.

7. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

Has anyone used the Bill Me Later payment method?

8. ebd.i.am macrumors 6502

ebd.i.am

yes i ordered a reburf macbook 2.0, 512, 60 and it says estimabed ship day is oct 5 and estimated delivery date is oct 10.

i ordered mine sept 21, that is waay too long ! :rolleyes: 19 days to ship recieve my package? comon apple...

9. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

let's hope with the delay, Apple finally found the solution to the Macbook's problems and we would have a working refurbished MacBook. I live about 2hrs from a Apple store, so I wouldn't want it to mess up and drive there or mail it back and wait weeks to get it back.

10. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I was wondering if it was a good deal for a refurbished MacBook Pro, I haven't heard about too many people buying them so it was kind of hard to decide whether or not to buy one. The price is right I am just not too sure about the rest of the deal.

I know this is a little off topic however the Australian Apple Store has Refurnbished iPod Minis for $A100 to $120 and I was wondering if it was a good idea to buy one (my G3 iPod died and I need a new one). :confused:

11. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

The refurbished Macbook I got was $959 they retail for $1099 so about $140 dollar discount.

12. persep macrumors member

How can you buy from the apple us store being in Australia? I'm in Spain and when I try to buy something from the usa site it always redirects to the Spanish one?

13. ebd.i.am macrumors 6502

ebd.i.am

mine was 1,099.00 (new 1299.00). i got the refurb white 2.0 with superdrive macbook.
    although with sales tax, recycle fee, expedited shipping -- it was alittle over 1200. :rolleyes:

14. persep macrumors member

Good, but I'm in Spain and here Apple doesn't sell refurbished products :( unless somebody probes me wrong

15. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

I'm wondering if apple repair places would be covered under the apple care warranty? I was searching for any apple repair center close to me and I found two. Hopefully I won't need it though :)

16. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

applecare goes only through physical apple retail stores and through applecare over the phone/depot. although authorized service centers can do repairs (which are covered under the warranty) you will be paying for the expenses out of your pocket

in terms of purchasing a refurb, id instead go into any apple retail store and asking for their refreshed product availability. refreshed means that a customer returned it not because of an issue with the computer, but rather because of something like they got the MB, turns out they wanted a bigger monitor and returned it (getting hit with a restock fee) and upgraded.

17. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

The reason I didn't get a refresh mac, is that there's is not a apple store close to me. That's why I ordered a refurbished one, is that a bad idea? My Macbook wouldn't be shipped til Oct 4, it isn't too late to cancel right? How does apple care work? You call them and they will send you a box to return the Macbook in, but if your Macbook decided to get RSS after 90 days what are the options?

18. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

Update: My macbook is schedule to arrive this Friday, I was wondering how often does FEDex update their tracking site?

19. ebd.i.am macrumors 6502

ebd.i.am

takes them awhile, probably 30-40mins+ till its updated for each stop.

my update: received my macbook. ITS SO SICK ! i ordered it with 256ram and it came with a GIG. Soo happy with it, refurbs are good deals !

20. bossass macrumors regular

Nice, enjoy.

21. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

I checked this morning and it still saying the same thing it on Friday, I hope it's not getting delayed.
    ebd.i.am, so you got a silent update on your macbook? I hope I get that aswell :D

22. The Shady macrumors member

macbooks never came with 256mb ram :confused:

23. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

I think ebd.i.am mention above that he/she ordered a 512mb with 60 gb hdd. I was wondering what stops does Fedex make? I still have the same message that it's in California. Do they only track where they stop? Is there anyway where I can get a more detailed information on where my Macbook is at?

24. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

Update: It's in Lewisberry PA, I hoping I'm getting it today; even though the estimated arrival is this Friday.

25. ebd.i.am macrumors 6502

ebd.i.am

ya 512 woops.
    1gig is nice but 2 is needed i can already tell.