Refurbished Mac's in Apple Stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bill4588, Mar 10, 2006.

1. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

I was wondering if I could walk into an Apple Store and buy a refurbished Mac. Just curious....and bored.

2. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

I'd walk into an Apple store and ask? I would guess that availability would be a bit more limited at some physical locations. Why not buy one from the online store?:confused:

3. powerboy macrumors regular

Apple stores sell "Refreshed" items - not technically refurbished. I believe they are customer returns and demo models. I bought an original Dual 1.8 Power Mac when the new Dual 1.8's came out. It was actually $200 LESS than the same model refurbished online. It comes with Apple's standard one year of AppleCare. I have been very happy with it.

4. rehlers macrumors member

rehlers

I spoke to my apple store about this awhile back. Two things, 1) you can call at any time and ask them if they have whatever you are looking for in the back as "refreshed". So if you wanted an iPod for example, just call and ask if they have any refreshed iPods in back. 2) On the last weekend of every month, they haul all the refreshed stuff from in back and put it out front so you can browse through it. I found a smoking deal on an iBook and wireless keyboard/mouse once by doing that.

5. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Do you know if that's true for all Apple stores? I'd love to look through some "refreshed" stuff, but one of our stores is a Mini Store, so I don't even think they would have room to put out anything else.

6. rehlers macrumors member

rehlers

It was true of the one i called in Phoenix, just call your local one up and ask.