Refurbished pricing strategy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bsolomonny, Jan 10, 2007.

1. bsolomonny macrumors regular

Hi all, this if my first post so be kind. Also I will be a switching to mac in the near future once I find the right Refurb C2D MB or MBP.

Most of the C2D MBP are 21% off the new list price. I have been waiting for the C2D macbook to be on the refurbished website for a long time. However, if the c2d macbooks were to also be 21% off list price then they would so close in price to the current MB core duos and would therefore likely leave Apple with a large stock of MB core duos.
    I have two questions:

1. How much it will eventually cost and when the Refurb MB C2D are available?
    2. Any idea when the Refurb MB C2D will be available?

Can someone please help me understand apple’s refurb pricing strategy?

I know that Mac is a secretive company, so your educated guess will be greatly appreciated.

2. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I would say the refurb prices will remain the same.

Second question of question #1 and question #2 are exactly the same. I do not know when to expect C2D MB refurbs. Probably not for another month.

3. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

I wish I knew when the MB C2Ds will show up in the US refurb' store again (I've read that they were in there before). There is an ebb and flow to the offerings, but the flow hasn't included the MB C2D when I've been looking.

As for pricing, well, I can only comment on the obvious. There aren't any MBP CD's to compare to the MB CD's, but I think I recall a similar break in price between the 2 models, so maybe a comparable break on the C2D's is a reasonable expectation? :eek:

I don't know if I'll hold out much longer myself. A new MB may be in my very near future. I was hoping that through some magic of timing there might be a change in the refurb' stocking strategy after MW, but was basically only holding out on that chance (not a product refresh) before I made a purchase. The wait was worth it though, as I was ready to spring for a new base station!

4. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

C2D MB refurbs? Wow, I must have missed out. I did see C2D MBPs but not C2D MBs..if so I wasted money on getting a new C2D MB :eek:

5. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

Well, as I wrote, I only read of a MB C2D sighting, and I think it was in one of the multitude of threads here, but when I've looked I've only seen the MBP's too. :(

Waste? :D Never! Imprudent? You've yet to be proven wrong in making the purchase on the new one! My Apple cart is loaded, and I'm close to pressing [Purchase] myself.

6. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Maybe I shouldn't have put it so harsh by saying I wasted money. I don't regret buying a new MB. :cool: