Refurbs after MWSF

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by newmacmom, Dec 31, 2006.

1. newmacmom macrumors member

I have decided to take your advice and get my daughter's Macbook before my iMac (mainly because I want to wait for Leopard!). I was looking at the refurbs available now...do you think prices would go down after MWSF or would there be more of a selection? Since it is only less than two weeks away, I will probably wait anyway, but with that extra carrot of maybe saving more money, it would be easier to wait!

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I think the only way you are going to see a lower price on a refurb iMac is if a new version is released at MWSF, which I doubt will happen. You may get an added bonus of say iLife '07 though.

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i agree with the above post. the refurb iMacs will likely not see a drop in price but you might get iLife thrown in there as well as Leopard if you wait long enough. (i'm not sure about Leopard as i don't know anyone who's ordered a refurb just after an OS was released.)

4. buffalo macrumors 65816

With the refurb MacBooks, expect the prices to stay the same but Core 2 Duo refurbs should be appearing in the store soon. As others have said, a copy of iLife '07 should also be included if you wait until it's released.

5. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

Amen!

6. newmacmom thread starter macrumors member

Are there refurbs in the actual stores

or just the Apple online store?

7. buffalo macrumors 65816

Apple Stores sell "refreshed" machines - those that were returned and repackaged. From what I've read here they sell them at the end of the month. Give your store a call for the best answer.

8. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

I think the online store is the place to go. that's where I got mine! Best price with full warranty

9. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

iLife '07 with the refurbs? According to the website the refurbs ship with whatever software the hardware originally shipped with...

10. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

i think more likely would be iWork 07 with the hopes of getting a iLife... get it haha

11. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

yeah refurbs are a good way to save money and since MWSF isn't that far off, you might as well give it a wait just to see. You might not see price changes immediately after the event but a few days in its wake.

12. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

That sounds right, a friend of mine bought a refurb Power Mac G5 about a month after MWSF and it came with iLife '05.