Refurbs with iLife '05

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mrgreen4242, Feb 16, 2005.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Forgive me if this old news, or standard practice, but I was looking through the Apple Refurb store and it very clearly, in bold states that iLife '05 is included with the refurb iMacs, at least. http://store.apple.com/1-800-780-50...UBrLHc/2.0.0.11.1.0.6.7.3.5.1.1.0.1.5.1.0.5.0

My understanding was that refurb machines came with whatever software originally shipped with the computer, so in this case iLife '04... Was I wrong? This is great news though, I just bought one of these, it should be here eventually, and one of my main concerns with getting a refurb was having to shell out $60 for an edu copy of '05 if I decided that I wanted the upgrade, which would eat up most of the savings on a refurb.

Anyways, I thought that was pretty spify, and wanted to share... sorry again if this is old news...

Rob

2. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

Well I have never seen it before.
    That is very good tough :D

3. tubedogg macrumors regular

The link is no longer valid because your session ended, but I did see in the URL that it was from the education store which may have different included software than the main store. (Also keep in mind that refurbs are *not* eligible for the Up-To-Date program, so if you don't get '05 with the machine you will have to pay full price.)

4. eleveneastgate macrumors 6502

12" PB refurb, iLife included

Yeah... I purchased a 12" PB 1.33 refurb recently, and was stoked to find out iLife '05 was included, Thanks Apple! :D