RefWorks Write-N-Cite bad certificate error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by allan_zip, Jan 17, 2007.

1. allan_zip macrumors regular

Feb 25, 2005
    Belfast, N. Ireland
    Wonder if anyone can help me get connected to RefWorks through Write-N-Cite. I'm getting a message that says "bad server certificate" and cannot connect.
    RefWorks is an online database that stores article and document citations for academic researchers in an online account. Write-N-Cite is software that allows you to manage that account on your computer. I'm connected wirelessly through my University's connection and everything else works (except my Thunderbird, any advice on that would be much appreciated also).
    Any advice? Can i authenticate the server certificate somewhere on my comp.?
  2. RefWorks macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2007
    New RefWorks Certificate Issues

Hi Allan,

In further investigation we have been able to resolve the issue on our end without user intervention.

Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your use and support of RefWorks,

RefWorks Support
    85 Keystone Suite F
    Reno, Nevada
    775 327 4105
  3. allan_zip thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 25, 2005
    Belfast, N. Ireland
    Thanks. I'll get on that and see how it goes.
  4. ImNewHere macrumors newbie

Mar 12, 2008
    RefWorks problem again

Just last night I received the same message on my MacBook running Tiger. The issue has nothing to do with a browser, but instead happens when running the Write-N-Cite standalone program.

I also had a PC sitting next to me at the time, and that worked. Is this a known issue among RefWorks users?