Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rainguitar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2004
Hi,

I've yet to actually purchase this program. In fact I don't yet own a Mac but this is coming soon. I have a question regarding using synth sounds other than those actually in the computer (GarageBand). I've noticed that Garageband does not allow for the control of external synths but that you can use an external keyboard to control Garageband's own midi instruments. I have not heard these and I'm sure they're really good but... I have a Roland XP-30 with lots of great sounds. I don't play this alot because I'm a guitarist but there are times... Could I compose a midi file on program such as Easybeat 2.1 and then, using this program to control my synth, record the resulting playback on Garageband to creat an audio file, thereby getting the Xp-30 sounds into Garageband?

Thanks

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
kanker said:
anyone know if midio would make Logic unstable?
Duff-Man says...I am not a Logic user (Digital Performer for me) but MidiO is for Garageband and should not affect Logic I would think. I don't like to send people to other forums as there are really the best...but you may try looking though stuff at OS X Audio - it is strictly aimed at those type of apps and hardware etc so you are more likely to get more answers there...oh yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.