Regent Street Store Closed 27 July

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by petej, Jul 27, 2006.

1. petej macrumors regular

Just a quick heads up for anyone going to the Apple Store on Regent Street, London. It is closed today 27th July.
    A power cut has hit a whole load of stores around the area. According to a note scribbled on the door, it looks like they have decided to close the store for the rest of the day. Other stores in the area are keeping staff in and waiting for power to come back.

If you are thinking of heading there later in the day then I suggest to call them first or just try tomorrow instead.

2. Queso macrumors G4

Yet another example of our amazing fall apart city and it's inability to cope with heat :mad:

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I guess unlike other places where they could run cash registers on a backup generator, the Apple store does need a lot of power.

Makes mental note not to go shopping near Oxford Circus tonight in any case.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Store alarms down then.

*breaks out (cool) ninja suit, stun gun and laser-guided grappling thingy*

Someone meet me round the back with a van.

5. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

I wouldn't go today anyway - it's Thursday. It's always mental up there on a Thursday evening.

6. Queso macrumors G4

Can I come dressed as a pirate?

7. Lau Guest

Ready. :cool:

[​IMG]

8. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

Is that you or Jennifer Garner?

I had no plans to visit the Regent Street Apple Store today anyway, I was at the Shibuya Apple Store yesterday :p

9. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

I'd rather use my scrotum as wallpaper than go to Oxford Circus anyway. Especially on a hot day. The way you slooooooooowly walk around the Circus reminds me of one of those cattle markets.

DISCLAIMER: When I go to the Apple Store, I approach from Piccadilly Circus way... :p

10. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

I agree.

I tend to shop around work in Chelsea and the only time I head to Oxford Circus tends to be if I'm meeting people after work for stuff I can only get there - plus dinner ;)

11. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Are there people waiting outside who look at the store, look away, and then immediatly look back to see if its open yet?
    Picture_1.png

12. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

Please tell me that it was a post-it like the one above :D

13. petej thread starter macrumors regular

The note was very un-Apple like. Totally lacking in design. Someone had just scrawled in marker pen on a piece of A4 and taped it to the door. There were quite a few bewildered people milling about outside. When they were actually emptying the store of customers, staff and builders, the staff on the door were gettting a real earful. Still at least Apple were able to shut up shop unlike many others. Quite a few shops had electric shutter which of course didn't work so shop staff had errected barricades in the entrances, just adding to shopper confusion. To make things worse. Some shops still had power.
    I guess this news item explains things
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5221188.stm

14. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

That would be most awesome. :D

15. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

Haha, I had Opera set to "reload every 5 seconds" when they announced the 5G iPod.