Regents Street, London

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by dannyjames8, Jun 9, 2010.

1. dannyjames8, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013

2. macrumors member

alexglee

I'll be right there with you! Let's have a party! Do you know if they're selling them unlocked? Maybe I can pay someone some cash for one?

3. macrumors member

Apologies for the downbeat nature of this but might there not be a security problem with all of this? I've never been to a midnight store opening (guessing this might be one) so I don't know what the form is on this sort of thing but would there not be the chance that people of nefarious intention might be waiting around the various side streets off Regent Street knowing that there will be a number of people with very new, expensive and desirable smartphones going home in the dark?

Obviously I hope that doesn't happen (!) but it's just something that occurs to me...

4. dannyjames8, Jun 10, 2010

thread starter Guest

5. macrumors member

Reminds me of the time 2 kids got arrested in Clapham after trying to steal a guy's copy of CoD4:MW2 when they had the midnight release.

Then again, it's Clapham. What do you expect?

My mate Kevin want's to be the first person in the queue. I might have to "tag" along and waste even more money!

6. macrumors member

alexglee

I guess your mate Kevin is going to race us to be first in line.

7. macrumors member

if you buy the new iphone from the apple store as opposed to from a network provider, are you required to sign up for a contract at the store?

8. dannyjames8, Jun 13, 2010

thread starter Guest

9. macrumors member

alexglee

Do you think they will sell the iPhone 4 as pay as you go? Is yours locked? How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking.

10. macrumors member

What time are people going to start getting there for?

11. macrumors member

alexglee

I'm thinking the morning of the 23rd? Is that too early?

12. macrumors member

That's what I call early.

Were planning to get there between 12pm and 2pm.

Kinda figured, most people would finish work at about 5pm, go home, then get there during the evening.

Anyone know how it will work? Do we just stand outside the store, lol :p

13. macrumors newbie

I will be there about 9am.

If you have reserved an iPhone do you still have to queue up? :p Im guessing you do but you never know! haha.

How would we recognize each other anyway :p

14. macrumors regular

do they take cash or will it be credit card only??

15. dannyjames8, Jun 17, 2010

thread starter Guest

16. macrumors newbie

I should be there from around 4-5pm on the 23rd

17. macrumors 68020

I'll be there!

Not to get an iPhone. I mean I reserved one but now O2 say no pay and go at launch.

But I'll be there watching my girlfriend get her pay monthly iPhone. And be jealous!

18. macrumors regular

I'm coming from Belgium by train, and will arrive in UK 5 minutes to 8. (thats the earliest train). The Regent street Apple store is about 100 meters from the station, so I'll be there at 8 o'clock exact. Since there is no way ill get one if I just go and stand at the end of the line, I was wondering if anybody wants to buy 2 iPhone's and give one too me. I'll give you the money up front, and offcourse a little extra. Anybody want to help me out? :eek: Please?

EDIT: Or should I come a day early and take a tent? :)

19. macrumors member

You're arriving at Kings Cross St Pancras International on the Eurostar right?

You need to then take the London underground on the 'Victoria line' to Oxford Street station (its 3 stops away). That's the station that is 100 metres away ;)

The whole journey to the store should take about 15 minutes, perhaps less if its not a busy period.

20. macrumors regular

Thanks for that replying! Yes your right, I made an error converting miles to kilometers :eek:
    I assume you are from London? Are you going to the launch as well, and did you pre order?

21. macrumors 6502a

nwlondonlad

How ironic, this time last year i went to Belgium to buy the 3Gs as Belgium sells them unlocked. It took me hrs to get one as they were all reserved in the Mobister network shops.

Got a 16gig in the end. Thank goodness i don't have to go through that again :cool:

22. macrumors newbie

Early!

I didn't realise how early people were getting there! i was going to turn up at about 7am on the 24th! Never done this before, maybe i should change my strategy or take a veteran queuer!

23. macrumors regular

I think I am going to take the late Eurostar train on the 23th, and put my tent in front of the store :) Anybody with me? Any recommandations? Which store should I choose?

24. dannyjames8, Jun 19, 2010

thread starter Guest

25. macrumors regular

Where will we sleep? Or won't we sleep at all? :D And what the hell is a jumper? :)